Fans of Android, your long wait is finally over. Microsoft promised that it would be bringing a version of its cloud offering, SkyDrive, to Android soon and that day is today. The app will work on Android handsets that are running Android 2.3 or higher though Microsoft says it will work best on Android 4.0.
Just like its iOS and Windows Phone counterparts, you have full access to your files that you have stored on SkyDrive. Microsoft did a wonderful job of adhering to Google’s Holo theme guidelines. Might I say that the Holo/Metro look is pretty stunning.
And here is a more detailed list of some of the main features of SkyDrive for Android:
- Access your SkyDrive—documents, photos, and other files, plus the files other people have shared with you.
- View recently used documents.
- Choose multiple photos or videos to upload from your phone.
- Share your files and photos—send a link in email or in another app.
- Open your SkyDrive files from other Android apps.
- Easily manage your files—delete or create new folders.
Get SkyDrive for Android from Google Play below.